The average cost of a honeymoon is $4,000-$5,000. We drove and spent a week at a friend’s beach house on the west coast. Theknot.com lists 25 Ways to Honeymoon for Less. Continue reading Reducing Wedding Costs for the Groom and Family
Venue, Catering, and Rentals
- Event Food Service-I question whether serving a meal is necessary. We didn’t serve a meal at our reception. Cake and punch is probably the absolute minimum that is needed. One advantage of skipping a meal is that you can afford to invite more people. If you want to do a meal, bridalguide.com lists ways to save.
- Event Location-My brother, sister, and one of my cousins held their weddings and receptions in churches. Our neighbors held their daughter’s wedding in their backyard. We had our reception at an Elk’s Club. We went to a neighbor’s daughter’s wedding in a museum. Locations are cheaper if it isn’t a Saturday. There are more ways to save on wedding location at usnews.com.
- Other Transportation-At my wife’s nephew’s wedding, they provided a bus to a reception out of town at the bride’s family’s house. It was very nice, but I’d guess it was very expensive. Most weddings don’t provide transportation.
- Limo Rental-Most couples don’t.
- Wedding Cake/dessert-The last wedding we went to had a dessert bar, instead of a cake. You can look for cakes at the grocery store, rather than using a baker. Theknot.com has additional suggestions for saving on your wedding cake.
Continue reading Reducing Wedding Costs for the Bride and Family